Jobs / Open roles
Please note: we have have filled our current openings, but because we spin out companies, we likely will have openings in the near future. Please feel free to apply to the following roles, and we will consider your application when the role re-opens.
Madrona Venture Labs is working on an ambitious new company in a huge market, and we are looking for an extraordinary entrepreneur to jump in and lead it at the founding stage.
FIRST A BIT ABOUT US
We are a startup studio located in Seattle with funding from Madrona Venture Group, other VCs, and top Seattle and Bay Area entrepreneurs and investors. We work with entrepreneurs to spark ideas for industry-changing companies and then apply a rigorous validation process to pick the best ones. Because of our investment in vetting startup ideas, we know that when we move forward with a company it has an outsized chance to be a great success.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an outstanding entrepreneur and product leader to be the founding CEO,someone who will drive it forward through fundraising, launch, and long-term success. Your ultimate goal will be to build one of the most impactful privacy-first data companies on the planet. In order to reach that goal, you will have the support and assistance of a multifunctional team from our Lab, and senior advice from Madrona Venture Labs’ leadership team (who have all successfully built, launched, and exited multiple companies).
You’re an extraordinary driven leader who will dive in and do whatever it takes to build a great company. Some of your most differentiated characteristics are:
- Strategic Vision: You can see the big, risky opportunity, and focus on what’s most important to success, making necessary tradeoffs to achieve it
- Drive: You put yourself on the line with your team as you drive forward with relentless energy, creative problem solving, and resilience in the face of obstacles.
- Customer Focused: You focus deliberately on a target customer and then both tune to feedback and work ahead to serve customers in ways they haven’t thought of yet
- Integrity: You always act with a strong set of ethics and human values that earns trust from those around you, and you maintain the highest standards for treating everyone with respect and dignity.
- Learning: You are intensely curious, seeking and incorporating new information to better inform your strategic vision and decisions, recognizing mistakes, always remaining open to the best new ideas, and adjusting quickly.
- Leadership: You know how to select and lead people to create a world-class team and inspire and direct them to success. You know how to build and scale a highly technical, customer-centric organization.
OUTSTANDING CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Led a company or an internal startup team from concept ideation, to product market fit, to go to market, to successful exit.
- Built enterprise software and/or data products that delighted customers. You can talk in detail about the roadmap, milestones, setbacks, and learnings.
- Owned product development life-cycles, including researching, building, launching, and iteratively improving a successful technology product, while also being accountable for its KPIs and financial outcomes.
- Subject matter expertise in at least one aspect of data privacy, data security, or enterprise AI/ML.
- You have experience raising venture capital funding.
- You have a demonstrated track record of building a diverse team with high performance and retention.