Full-time / Seattle-based / In-person
Madrona Venture Labs is Madrona’s incubation program, partnering with founders as co-builders, advisors, and their first investors. We represent an integral part in Madrona’s continuum of Day One for the long-run commitment to founders.
At MVL, we hustle and meaningfully guide new founders as they make the leap into startup adventures. Life here is fast-paced, challenging, and a whole lot of fun. The Office & Events Coordinator will be the primary point of contact for Madrona Venture Labs. This is a fully onsite role where the individual will be responsible for supporting both the MVL team and its founders, ensuring the office operates smoothly.
Administrative support (45%)
- Act as receptionist for the office, greets visitors, directing them to the correct person/conference room and notifying the appropriate person of visitor’s arrival.
- Coordinating use of office conference rooms, including ensuring adequate refreshments and equipment are available for use during meetings, as well as keeping the meeting rooms clean and ready for use.
- Manage catering orders for team lunches, meetings and events.
- Receive and track mail and packages, pack and ship documents or miscellaneous items
- Manage multiple schedules and send professional email communications.
- Facilitate the onboarding and welcome process of new employees of MVL and founders-in-residence (prepare welcome packages, schedule 1:1s, etc.).
- Schedule and coordinate internal/external meetings.
- Proactively ensure team is prepared with necessary materials for meetings and events
- Keep pantry/kitchen and office supply spaces clean, organized, and stocked.
- Other duties include general office supply ordering; supply stocking; database maintenance; assistance with special projects; crafting copy for social media, blogs, and other communications; and providing clerical assistance to all members of the MVL team.
Event Management (40%)
- Manage all core processes for MVL events, including Launchable, LP Connect, MVL Offsites, Leap, and culture-building events.
- Ensure that events are well-managed and produced on time and budget, and that guests are provided appropriate high-quality care.
- Manage development and execution of all event logistics, as well as relationships with vendors, speakers, guests, volunteers and sponsors.
- Communicate effectively with event guests, participants and attendees.
Budget Management Support (15%)
- Verify accuracy of invoices received and enter for payment within the system.
- Review and enter expense reports and credit card statements.
- Interact with vendors and internal staff to obtain invoices and troubleshoot issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or another related field preferred. Experience may substitute for education.
- 2+ years’ experience in office/events management, administration, or operations.
- Basic computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent time management, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines in a professional manner.
- Team player who can take initiative and work independently within company priorities.
- Experience as a copywriter or related role a plus.
Don’t meet every single requirement listed above? That's ok. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to support founders from day one, for the long run, but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.Apply now
Madrona Venture Labs is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.