Panko transforms how business analysis and problem solving is done. Panko is an analytics platform that empowers knowledge workers; especially analysts, product managers, marketers, and consultants; as they assess and size markets, benchmark competitors, and identify target segments. Business leaders can identify thematic and data connections among thousands of sources and documents (including their own) and compile analysis-ready datasets for collaborative problem solving. With Panko, business users get answers fast.
Panko technology is setting the bar for how AI knowledge systems can be practically applied to enhance analytic capabilities and automate routine business problem solving operations.The platform combines curated data sources, open knowledge graphs and proprietary machine learning models to reveal important relationships in commercial data. Layered on top of this discovery engine are tools that assist analysts in sorting, connecting and visualizing potential implications.
Panko is a spin-out company from Madrona Venture Labs, the startup studio and incubation arm of Madrona Venture Group and the leading venture capital firm in the Pacific Northwest. Together, we partner with founders from day one to build venture-scale companies focused on AI-driven applications, automation, digital transformation of consumer experiences, and the future of work.
- Partner with the CEO, Co-Founders, and Madrona Venture Labs on company-wide strategy and leadership
- Develop a technical vision for identifying and modeling relationships between data and documents in ways that transform analytical business processes
- Create and execute a technical architecture for the company’s MVP and future product platform
- Deeply understand the customer and opportunity
- Roll up their sleeves and write code, especially in the early days as the team is forming
- Build, support, mentor, and grow a top-tier engineering organization
- Lead and foster a culture with a bias for action, strategic ownership, and cross-functional collaboration down to the IC engineering level
- A skilled engineering leader with a demonstrated history of developing and executing technical visions in partnership with executive leadership
- Experience leading small-to-medium sized software engineering teams and is excited about recruiting, growing, and mentoring a team from scratch. Has collaborated closely with or has managed data scientists directly
- A BS degree in Computer Science, Math, or related engineering field
- 10+ years of industry experience in enterprise software product engineering
- Has delivered product-integrated SaaS solutions and has strong knowledge of Amazon and or Azure stack technologies
- Needs to be hands-on and dive deep into technical problems, including architectures for database systems, ML pipelines, and user experience platforms. Familiarity with strategic decision support technology is a plus but not required
- Flexibility and a level of comfort with early-stage ambiguity. Bias for action and ability to iterate are critical
- Effective communicator with the ability to distill complex concepts into easily digestible insights
- Effective in communicating with customer and investor stakeholders
- Is located in or willing to move to the Seattle area
- Competitive base salary
- Founder equity stake
- 100% covered benefits
- Key influential position in cultural development, product design, business strategy, and startup fundraising
We are an equal opportunity employer and highly value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply now
Interested applicants should include a resume and cover letter.